WhatsApp is known as one of the most popular messaging apps in all around the world because it has almost more than one billion active users all around the world. Due to the popularity and importance of this app, there is a possibility that your WhatsApp account will be hacked. After hacking your WhatsApp account, hackers may steal private information from your account and use it for illegal activities. There is also a possibility that these hackers may use your WhatsApp account in some illegal activities. Therefore, it is necessary for you to secure your WhatsApp account from being hacked. Here, we will provide some essential tips that will be helpful to you to save your WhatsApp account from being hacked.
According to a dissertation writing service, two-Step verification is the best way to save your WhatsApp account from being hacked. The steps to enable two-step verification in your WhatsApp account to save it from the hackers are explained below;
- First of all, you should open the WhatsApp app on your android phone. You should make sure that you are using the latest version of WhatsApp app.
- After opening the WhatsApp app, you will see three dots on the upper right corner of the page. You should click on it. When you click on it, five options will appear on the page. You should click on the last option that is for ‘Settings’.
- After clicking on ‘Settings’, a new page will be opened. This page is for different kinds of settings on your WhatsApp account. As we are interested in two-step verification, therefore, we should click on ‘Account’.
- After clicking on ‘Account’, another page will be opened. There are six different options on this page, You should click on the third option that is ‘Two-step verification’.
- After clicking on ‘Two-step verification’, you will be redirected to another page and at the end of this page, you will see a green-coloured button ‘Enable’. In order to enable two-step verification on your WhatsApp account, you should click on it.
- After clicking on it, a new page will be opened. On this page, you will have to enter your six digits PIN. After entering six digits PIN, you will be redirected to a new page and on this page, you will have to enter the same six digits PIN for the verification.
- After that, you will be asked to enter your email address. You should enter your personal email address because this email address will be used in the future for the recovery of your PIN and WhatsApp account. After entering the email address, you will be redirected to another page and on this page, you will have to verify your email address by entering it again.
- After completing this information, if you are sure that you have provided the right information, you should click on the ‘Add’ button that is available at the end of the page.
In this way, you will be able to enable the two-step verification on your WhatsApp account that will be helpful to you to save your account from the attack of hackers. After enabling two-step verification on your WhatsApp account, when you want to open this app, you will have to add this PIN.
How to Change Two-Step Verification PIN?
While using your WhatsApp account by enabling this two-step verification, there is a possibility that other people may know your PIN or you have shared this PIN with someone else. Under such a situation, you can easily change your two-step verification. For this reason, you will have to follow the same steps as mentioned above. Now, when you click on the ‘Two-Step verification’, a new page will be opened. On this page, there are three options. The first option is ‘Disable’ and by clicking on it, you can disable two-step verification on your WhatsApp account. The second option is ‘Change PIN’ and by clicking on it, you can easily change the PIN of your WhatsApp account. You can easily change the PIN of your WhatsApp account just adding the previous PIN and by entering the new PIN. The third option is ‘Change email address’. It means that while using WhatsApp account, you have changed your email address and you want to change it on your WhatsApp account too, you should click on it. For this reason, you will have to provide an email address that you have used while enabling two-step verification for your WhatsApp account and by entering a new email address. I recommend you for better safety of your WhatsApp account, you should try to change your PIN after some time.